The following applies to Acorn clients.
Acorn Digital Wealth, a division of Oakwood Capital Management LLC, recognizes and respects the privacy expectations of our clients. Our clients entrust us not only with their hard-earned assets, but also with their personal and financial data. We consider our clients’ data to be private and confidential, and we hold ourselves to the highest standards of trust and fiduciary duty in their safekeeping and use.
We have not and will not sell your personal information to anyone.
We collect nonpublic personal information about our clients from the following sources:
- Account Applications and other Forms, which may include a client’s name, address, telephone number, social security number, and information about a client’s investment goals and risk tolerance
- A Client’s Professional Advisors such as consultants, attorneys and accountants, who may provide financial, investment history and tax information about a client;
- Account History, including information about the transactions we have ordered for you and balances in your account; and
- Correspondence, written, electronic or telephonic between you and us or your broker or custodian and us.
We will not release information about you or your accounts to any third party unless one of the following conditions is met:
- We receive your prior consent
- We believe the recipient to be you or your authorized representative, including your attorney or accountant
- The recipient is a broker, custodian or other service provider with whom we must share information in order to manage or service your account properly
- We are permitted or required by law to release the information to the recipient
We will only use information about you and your accounts to:
- Help us better serve your investment and financial needs,
- Suggest services or other materials that may be of interest to you,
- Fulfill our regulatory obligations, and
- Administer our business.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide our services to you. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard the privacy of your nonpublic personal information.
We will adhere to the policies and practices described in this notice whether you are a current or former client.